The Family Law courts also deal with a number of other important Family Law matters. These include:
- Nullity relates to the annulment of marriages and civil partnerships.
- Marriage Notification Exemptions deal with allowed exceptions to the required three-month marriage notice period.
- Gender Recognition looks at the steps to have your preferred gender legally recognised.
- Paternity and Parentage looks at legal issues relating to the parentage of children.
- Child Care Cases are cases where the Child and Family Agency (CFA) are involved in a child's care.
We will guide you through how these issues are covered in court and what you need to access your rights. This includes your eligibility for all relevant decrees, certificates and exemptions - and how to apply for them. There are also links to support services available nationwide to help you deal with these important issues.
A guide to marriage and civil partnership annulments, who grants them plus the consequences of a nullity decreeFind out more